Monday, September 3, 2007

My new hometown

Buenas!
That´s the most common word i hear everyday. So i am finally in my new home. Well actually right now i am in a Cyber down the street. But things are going well. Of course I miss my ppl back home. And things are slow b-c we are still learning how to communicate but besides that things are going well. I have two new sisters and a new mother, and according to her i have a whole new extended family that lives near by. I met a few of my new cousins, but now worries kate and jill they´ll never be able to replace you ;) I am doing well, a little under the weather, but well. I have eaten lots of beans and rice (gallo pinto when they are mixed together), and pinolillo. Pinolillo is actually a drink that is really good. You mix it with sugar and it tastes kinda like chocolate coffee, but it is actually made from corn and something else.
The ppl here have been very welcoming and patient. Apparently I am part of the 3rd or 4th group of aspirantes to live in this pueblo, so that is good that the ppl aren´t completely caught off guard. My house is beautiful. The entire yard is a jardin with more than 100m plants that my mom sells to the universities and other merchants to sell.
Well time is money, and i have run out. LOve and miss you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis, I finally got to sit down and write on your blog....Sounds like things are going great!! Hope you are feeling better..We love you and miss you..I will try to call on Thursday if I can figure it out. I don't know if I have a long distance carrier to use yet....will find out and try on Thursday. Love, MOM