Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hola de Nica!

Hi everyone!
I hope you are all doing well and benefiting from the Hurricane. It is close by, but not too close, it hit the atlantic coast, North east of where I am and is headed to Honduras. We have recieved a little bit of rain, but not more than should be expected during this time of year. Today was a regular day, Spanish class until 3pm. We are making a map of the town so that we know our way around (always a good thing :) and so that we can have it when we work with our youth group. After spanish class i learned how to wash my clothes, oh mother and father you would be so proud, I know how to wash my clothes by hand!

My host family´s house is beautiful! The entire yard is a garden, with hundreds of types of plants, Grandma Mix, you would love it!

Besides that I have just been trying to learn alot of spanish. Which is not easy, but I think that it is coming along, slowly but surely. Wish me luck!
I´m so excited b-c tomorrow I get to see the rest of my friends from the Env. Ed. group that are living in the towns nearby. We are all going to learn about an environmental project that is taking place near us. Well I need to go get some cena, i´m starving! Adios!

4 comments:

Grandma Logan said...

Emalee,

We are so glad to know you are okay. We've all been worried about you & the Hurricane. I've printed out maps of your area so I can keep up with you! Your home sounds great & we're so glad to know you are doing laundry!!!

Love & Miss You!Grandma & Grandpa Logan

Anonymous said...

Hi Emy!

I am so glad to hear you are ok and enjoying yourself! I am so proud of you! I know you will make the most of all of your experiences there.

It sounds like your host family is going to work out very well. They seem to be nice people from what you have said, so that is good!

Take care of yourself and if there is ANYTHING you need, let me know and I will get it to you ASAP.!!!

Love you and miss you!
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis , So glad to hear from you, we didn't get your blog until today, Sunday the 9th. The hurricane must have held it up....I thought you would have gotten tons of rain, but it sounds like you didn't. Everyone at school was asking about you and keeping track of the hurricane...Sounds like you are doing well and having exciting experiences, washing clothes, etc.
Can't wait to hear more!!!! WE love and miss you...MOm

Maura said...

Emalee!!!

I emailed you today. I know you might not get it for a couple of days but it's a long one, so enjoy. I hope you are having fun! I have already started counting down to our MEMS reunion!! Love ya homie!!
XOXO
Maura