Monday, September 10, 2007

Week 2

Oh my oh my oh my. I am here, i guess it hits you when you are sitting in the cyber and 2 perros walk in off the street. hahaha. That´s where I am and I love it. Last week was great, getting adjusted to the new place. This week is going to be fun, boy are they keeping us busy! This week we are having our primera reunión with our grupo de jóvenes! Its going to be soo much fun. We are going to do fun environmental projects, like a vivero (tree nursery mas o menos) and it seems like we are going to have a pretty good turn out. there is a mandate to the schools in Nica that each student in the last year of high school has to have 60 hours of environmental community service. so we there are a lot of kids interested. also we are going to be working with the elementary school too.
Things are going well so far. On saturday we all (18 of us) went and visited a self sustainable ranchero that is located not too far from here. it was soo cool, we learned about composting, worm boxes, and so much more! We finally got to play in the dirt! All this classroom time had made me anxious and was definately happy to plant some trees.
On sunday I went to visit the laguna, which is apparently a huge tourist site as well, but it was pouring down rain, and i kid you not it was soo foggy that i could not even see the shore of the laguna, much less the water. hahaha, it was an experience none the less, and i´ll just have to go back another time.
I have definately been learning alot, but i can´t help but feel like i will never be fluent. Then again it is only my second week here, so i guess i should not get ahead of myself. Hopefully at the end of training i will look back at this and laugh - HOPEFULLY.
Thank you all for the great notes of support. I have written some cards and letters to send home, but have yet to be successful in locating a mailbox or post office. Hope you all are doing well! Take care!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, sounds like you are having a great time, we love you and miss you....YOu are doing great, I am sure, be patient with yourself and the language, it will come....Love Mom

PS WE tried to call you, but could not get through. We will try again maybe this Thursday.

Bill davis said...

Emalee we are very proud of you. It is one thing to talk the talk, but it's a whole other ballgame to walk the walk. Our Love, Great Uncle Bill and Aunt Jo

Anonymous said...

Emalee, you ROCK! You go girl! Your old Spanish Teacher is so proud of you. It will come, my dear, it will come. I promise! Love, has