Friday, September 28, 2007

Long week

Wow what a long week! My heat is pounding as i sit here staring at this screen, but i have to write and tell how great things have gone this week. First, thank you soooo much Aunt Nancy for the care package, sooo sweet and the coloring books, crayons, and stickers are a big hit with my sobrina. (the other aspirantes loved the peeps) My fav was the pictures tho, and the crystal light packets. For future reference, anyone who would like to send me things, chocolate is always good, preferably something sealed well b-c it will melt, pictures, and crystal like packs, or emergen-C packs. there are other things también, but i can´t think of them right now. plus i really can get a lot of things here, but finding good quality markers and crayons has been impossible.
teaching went well. i didn´t make any huge mistakes. the lesson was simple. its amazing how much i underestimed the amount of time they would need. i definately went like 15 min over. but the teacher was cool with it, she is great, already asking when i will be back. best behaved 5th grade class i´ve been to (with the exception of Mrs. Foster´s class of course ;) who i miss dearly!)
sunday i go on my volunteer visit, and return on wednesday. will finally get a chance to see what its really like and what i´ve really signed myself up for. i´m actually going to an area that they say gets fairly cool at night, so should be interesting. i have a good 6 hrs to spend on a bus, so plenty of time to think. lol
will write again when i return!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emy!
I can't believe you have already received your package, I just mailed it on 9/20 and you had it by at least 9/28! That is amazing. For future reference for anyone else who wants to send anything....I used a padded envelope and put religious stickers on the outside and kept it small. I did send her money but hid it behind a photo of us in a picture frame. I used regular US mail. It weighed approx. 2 lbs and was about $17.00 to send.

I'm glad you enjoyed the contents and will be sure to put in more Crystal Light next time too.

Sounds like you are doing well and are adapting to your busy schedule so far. Have fun on your trip and be careful! Keep up the good work!

Love,
Aunt Nancy