Saturday, November 17, 2007

I´m off!

Well as of yesterday I am officially a Peace Corps Volunteer! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know you are jealous. hahaha Wow it´s finally happening. I feel like this whole process has taken forever, and finally FINALLY i am gonna get to see what it´s really like. I am going to be leaving from managua today to go to my site! It´s up to me now, no training staff, no group charlas twice a week, no mandated schedule of events to do. I have to find my own stuff to do now. Well that is not entirely true. I do know that I will be working in 4 schools with a minimum of 2 teachers in each school. they are all multigrado and i will have to bike to all of them but one that is located roughly 4 blocks from my new host family´s house. for the first 90 days we cannot leave our site but for day trips to the market and to do errands, and for EITHER la navidad o el nuevo año, not both. so that totally stinks, but i´m sure the time will go by quickly. i was reading interviews yesterday that the volunteers who have just left wrote and according to all of them the times goes by quick.
My first three months in site are doing to be different. school ends in 2 weeks so i am not going to be working in the schools yet, but iwill still have a lot to do. i have to get to know my town and the people and hopefully some kids too. maybe i´ll even get to play some soccer with the kids around town. vamos a ver.
so please don´t get worried when i don´t write often. i will have a phone that you can always call if you are worried about me. but i´ll try to continue to keep in touch.
take care all! and wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you kiddo!!! I am so happy for you. I am sending your Christmas pkg tomorrow, look for something good in your tea bag, ok?
Love you!
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm using your blog in class!!! We are reading a story and a journal entry about a student who is volunteering in Nica with a literacy campaign!!! How cool is that? Sounds familiar, eh? :) Much love to you, my dear!