Friday, November 30, 2007

A day in Tonala

Well everyone, i hope that your thanksgiving went by well. I spent it at the house of the Peace Corps director in Nicaragua. It was awesome! Right now i am in the city with my host sister visiting her family. It has been a long week, and together with a stomach ache and cockroaches in the latrina, it has been interesting. But all in all i have no complaints. Yesterday was the hardest and funnest yet. They had the promocion for the 6th graders and it was soo cool to see them all so proud and the teachers proud as well. They decorated the school, and they had important people sit on stage to congratulate the graduates as they received their diplomas. Apparently I am an important person, b-c i just went to watch, but little did i know they invited me to sit on the stage with the school director and delegada to the ministry of education. and then there was a party after wards. the thing a learned this week- you can never be overdressed, so if you are questioning what to wear, go for more. and nicas love to dance, from age 2 they can shake-it faster than you can imagine!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I heard from you today!! I miss you soooo much but I'm so glad that you are happy and doing well. Josie says hi :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, tried to call you couldn
t get thru. Just keep getting a busy signal...call me to make sure I have the right one:)
Love MOm