Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas in July

I cannot believe that it is almost christmas! I guess what makes it so hard to imagine is that i am sweating my butt off everyday. I have yet to see snow. lol don´t think that will be happening for the next 2 years. But things are going well. I hope you all enjoyed the pictures i posted last time. It was a lot of work, so you better have! But i have been really busy lately, suprisingly enough. (Just let you know that¨"shake it like a salt shaker" is playing in the cyber that i am in right now. hahaha) For it being their summer vacation, i figured i would be bored out of my mind for the next 2 months. but actually my site-mate invited me to help her teach english classes. In total, we are giving 7 classes a week. Which doesn´t seem like much i know but if you figure that each class is 2 hrs long, and that two of the communities that we give class to are roughly 1hr away from our home, by bus :) that´s 4 hrs a day just for one class! then we have planning, and on mondays and fridays we have 2 classes a day. plus these classes last until april! so we will be giving them while we are teaching in our real classrooms after class starts in february.
But being busy is good for me. I hated just sitting around. But i´ve quickly discovered that there really is no "happy medium" it´s either you´re really busy with a lot of projects, or you´re bored out of your mind. I still have a lot of people to meet, and i also need to find a house to live in b-c i get to move out of my host family´s house in enero, but i dunno with all the other stuff going on if i will find a house by then or not. who knows. well i would have posted more pics, but my camera is not sirving me well (no me sirve) and keeps eating up all the batteries i have and they are not cheap here, so i will have to wait until i get my packages with my rechargable batteries. i have 3 packages waiting for me, i´ll let you know whose they are when i get them, but probably won´t be for a few days, maybe weeks.
take care everyone!
¿Feliz Navidad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emy!

I am so glad you are keeping busy and with such a good project to boot! These children will remember you forever as the one who helped teach them english! It is a big bonus in Latin America if you can really be able to speak english (as I am sure you have noticed :) )

We are reeeeealllly going to miss you here at Christmas, but I know that you are going to be experiencing a completely different kind of holiday there and it will be a good memory for you in years to come. I hate to tell you but we have had about 5 inches of snow in the last few days and it really is a winter wonderland.....except for over the weekend when it was so bad that everyone here wished they were there with you!

I hope you received the package I sent and also the one from your Mom, hers had lots more stuff in it than mine!

Anything else you need after you get your packages, let me know. I will be sending another one in a month or so, ok? I still wish you could get away and come to Costa Rica, I will be there from 1/11 to 1/18. If you think you can work it out that would be great and we will work out the finances from here, OK? If not, I probaby will go back there next year at the same time, so surely you can get away then.

We really miss you and I really look forward to reading your blog. LOVED THE PICTURES!!!!

So, if I don't talk to you between now and then Have a GREAT CHRISTMAS!

I love you,
Aunt Nancy

Sam said...

Merry Christmas, Mix. Keep up the posting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emalee,

Jamie called & let us know you received your packages. I'm so happy that you got them for Christmas! Hope you enjoy all
the goodies!

We'll miss you this year but know you'll have a very memorable Christmas!

Love You!

Grandma & Grandpa Logan