Tuesday, August 28, 2007

From D.C. to Managua... and beyond!

Alright ya'll so I've finally found a few seconds to write again. I'm still in D.C. and leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning. (Literally my check out time is earlier than I go to bed some nights ;) But nonetheless, I'm stoked. Meeting all the other volunteers has been so much fun! We have spent most of our time doing official business stuff, but during free time I've gotten to know quite a bit about these people - and am excited to learn more. There are people here from all over, but no fellow Hoosiers :( Oh well, I promise I will represent us well! hahaha

I am going to miss all of you back home, but I brought a lot of pics and memories to accompany me along my adventure. I would give the play by play of what I have been up to, but that sounds boring and would take a long time. However I have learned a little about what my next few weeks will be like, and I know that every day I will be learning even more. I know that I am going to be spending the next few days in Managua and this upcoming weekend I'll get to meet my host family!!!!!!!! Oh- soooo stoked for that, knowing my luck I'll get a family with a bunch of little boys and all I brought was glitter pencils and flower erasers! hahaha
After this weekend, I'll be at my training site with 3-4 other volunteers, so I'll get to spend even more time with my new friends! We'll have Spanish lessons mon-thurs and then other days are spent on technical training. So I am gonna be real busy doing all sorts of fun stuff!

Wow- this is already crazy long, and I am rambling- hahaha as if that is a surprise! Oh and I forgot to put the disclaimer that I am the world's worst speller, so deal with it :)

I'll post again soon!

No comments: