Saturday, February 9, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Another picture of english class.
My beautiful kitchen-living room- dining room-entry way- other half of my house! Ain´t it purdy?!?!

View2, from the back.


The view of my "bedroom" from my front door.




My kitchen, bathroom, and back yard, all in one!



Cows on the soccer field, while the team is practicing.





My community english class in 4 Esquinas.













So I moved into my own little house, por fin! The school year is starting and we are having a little get together at the beach for all the volunteers birthdays soon, but i wanted to send out some picks of the new place. I´m still in the process of organizing. I have to buy some cinder blocks and wood planks to make shelves with. Still need a fridge, and a bike, but that will come with time.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emy,
Love the house! For those of you out there that have not been to Central America, this really is a pretty nice place she has! Looks like you have neighbors fairly close too, which is nice. Keep those photos coming, ok? Let us know how classes are going too.
Love and miss you!
Aunt Nancy

Jeff said...

Hi Emalee, My name is Jeff and I'm a PCV in Belize. I'm trying to plan a short trip to Nicaragua in March and am trying to get a hold of PCVs living in the west of the country for travel and lodging advice. Do you have the email address for your CD. I know George Baldino, is he still your CD. I tried the email I had for him but it didn't work. Anyway, any addresses or advice you may have would be much appreciated. Great blog. Thanks,

Anonymous said...

emmy,
thank you for the wonderful card I really loved it and to know that you were still alive. I kept trying to find this site and you know me i probably had something a little off and gave up but lucky for me aunt nancy came to the rescue and told me the correct address. Anyways, i am so jealous of you experiencing this once in a lifetime impact on life. I wish i could have the strength and courage to make a change so grand in not only another person but another cultures life. I really would love to come and visit you I know that your dad and sis are coming and i didn't know until then that you were even able to. well let me know how to go about this. and again thanks for the letter oh yeah and I moved again into my own place by momma and poppi's funny how you and i both got our own place at the same time.
love you and miss you
krista

Anonymous said...

Sis, thanks for the pictures, they are really good. IT looks like you have it "as cute as a little scorpion in a rug". Have you found anymore? YOur classes look like fun....they look like teenagers mostly, right? I am sending a package soon....love mom

Anonymous said...

Emalee,

We finally found your blog, and like most others, thanks to Aunt Nancy. How much does a fridge cost? Maybe we can help you get that. Nancy told us how we can wire you some money. We hope you're feeling better. Please be careful as your health is your greatest asset. We're very proud of you, and it looks like you're making great memories and having a great impact on people who need it. We love you.
Aunt Julie and Uncle Dewey